Red Raspberry Cheesecake is a very nice dessert. You can replace the red raspberries by blueberries, blackberry and I think maybe strawberry could also do the trick.
- Short crust pastry (kruimel/zanddeeg) you can either make it yourself, but I usually buy it prepared.
(Please, do let me know if you want the recipe for making it yourself, then I will give it to you)
For the filling:
- 1 dried vanilla fruit (vanillestokje)
- 2dl milk
- 80g butter
- 4 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 80g flour
- 500g fresh soft cheese (verse kaas)
- 300g Red Raspberries (or whatever fruit you choose ) (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- Grease your springform pan with some butter. And spread your short crust pastry in the springform.
- Put the milk & butter in a cooking pan. Cut the vanilla fruit in 2 and take the seeds. Add the seed as well as the vanilla fruit to the milk and put this on stove. This until the butter is melted (don’t cook the milk)
- Split the eggs (put egg yolk and white in a separate bowl). Add the sugar to the egg yolks and mix until it gets a creamy look.
- Add the flour.
- Add the milk (first take out the vanilla fruit stick) and mix it all until it is a homogeny (homogene) mixture. Let this mixture cool down.
- Pre-heat your oven at 180°C (356°F)
- Once the mixture is cooled down, add the fresh cheese and mix until it is nice and fluid. Add the flour. mix
- Beat the egg whites with a whisk until you gets a nice stiff mass .
- Add this to the mixture (gently as otherwise you will lose the lightness of the cheesecake)
- Put some of the mix in the already prepared springform. Put 140g of the raspberries on top. Put again some of the eggs mix on top. (it might be that you still have some mix left over, then you can just make a few extra small cheesecakes. I usually do this for my girlfriend as she is a big fan of cheesecakes)
- Put in the pre-heated oven for 55 minutes and afterwards let it cool down.
- For the dressing you take the remaining amount of Raspberries and put them in a cooking pot and add the powdered sugar (I always also add a sprinkle of water) and let it simmer on a low fire for about 15-20 min. and it is up to you if you prefer it like that or if you want to sieve it (zeven).
Only 1 thing left to do, slice the Cheesecake, put some Raspberry coulis and enjoy!!
I wanted to add a picture when the cheesecake was finished, but some greedy people ate it before I could take the picture 🙂 🙂
Let me know if you liked it?! Or maybe show me your result ?