I’m a true pizza lover, but the only unfortunate thing is that there are not too many places where they really serve good pizza. So therefore I just make it myself and it only takes a few minutes (rising not included, but you don’t have to stay next to it so …). Lately I always use Whole flour (volkoren), but you can easily use regular flour. And if you have leftovers of the dough, you can make little sandwiches with it…
- 500g flour
- 350ml water (room temperature)
- Yeast ( fresh or dried, if dried 1 ½ teaspoon)
- Olive oil (if wanted and it doesn’t have to be fancy oil)
- Polpa di pomodoro or a thin can of peeled tomatoes
- Salt, peper oregano and red paprika powder
- Grated Parmigiano cheese
- Whatever you want 🙂 , I put ham or parmaham with rucola (the parmaham and rucola after it comes out of the oven)
- Olive oil Get it on:
- Put the flour in a big bowl and make a hole in the middle
- On the side of the four you put the salt (don’t be afraid to put enough, ½ eatingspoon)
- In hole you made, you put the water (and olive oil like I usually do) and the yeast.
- Start mixing it all until you get firm dough (like for bread) (see pic below). I recently bought a machine to do this for me (but before that always done it manually
- Put the dough under a moist towel and let it rest for at least 45min (you could also make it in the morning for the evening)
- After the 45 min, you split the down in 2, 3 or 4 pieces and make again little balls; this would then for the pizza itself.
- Take 1 ball and start flattening it with a rolling pin. Try to get your pizza as round as possible or at least in a form that can fit on your oven tray 🙂 (but don’t worry they pizza police won’t arrest you if it’s not round )
- Spread some olive oil on the bottom of your oven tray Lay your flattened pizza on your oven tray.
- Pre-heat the oven on 250°C or 482°F
- Put your polpa (tomato) in a mixing bowl; add some olive oil, one finely chopped garlic clove, salt, pepper and the paprika powder. Stir it all. In case you used peeled tomatoes in a can, you should mix it all that all pieces are very little
- Put some tomatomix on the pizza, chop the mozzarella and also put this on the pizza.
- Spread some grated parmigiano on top and add the topic you like. If you would use a salty dried meat or so (like speck,pancetta,Parmaham) put it after it comes out of the oven.
- Put it in the pre-heated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes (feel if the crust is crispy, if not leave longer)
3 thoughts on “Pizza Integrale”
Invitation??? You know I love a good pizza (something not so easy to find in Antwerp)…
Sure 🙂 we could also make the pizza together?
Ga het echt proberen. Hopelijk is ie even lekker als die van u.