I really like fajita’s and could really keep eating it (mmm, I think I say this from all my dishes from time to time I make them myself… because everything you make or do yourself is always done better. This time I showed my buddy Nicolas how to make them (in his kitchen)
Ingredients: (for 4 fajita’s, enough for 2 people)
- 3 paprika’s (doesn’t matter which color they have)
- 2 chicken filets (but you can also take other kind of meat)
- 1 little tin of tomato purée
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt, pepper
- 3 eating spoons or sweet paprika powder
- Pinch of oregano
- 400ml of chicken stock ( or either 400ml of water and 1 chickenstock cube)
- 2cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 onion (peeled and sliced)
- Glass of red wine
For the tortilla dough
- 100g of flour
- Pinch of salt
For the filling:
- Iceberg salad
- Emmental cheese (or another greasier cheese)
Peel and slice the onion, garlic and paprika’s
Put some olive oil and the 2 peeled garlic gloves in a pot and heat the pot.
- Once the oil is hot, put in the chicken and bake the chicken. When chicken is not pink anymore, you add the sliced onion and cut paprika’s. (stir from time to time)
- When all the water has disappeared and you add the paprika powder, oregano, salt, pepper ,red wine, chicken stock and bay leaves.
- Cook on a lower heat until the sauce has thickened and it looks like the picture below.
Now we start to make the tortilla dough
- Put the flour, ¼ of a glass of water and a pinch of salt in a bowl and start mixing and kneading it until you get a firm dough like on the picture below
- Make a little ball and cut it in 4
- Take one piece and start flatten it (put some flour under it, to prevent sticking)
- Grease a pan and put on heat.
- Once your pan is hot enough, put the first flattened dough and bake 3 minutes at each side (like on picture below)
Do this for all pieces of dough .
Only 1 thing left to do, serving it 🙂
I think you picture below speaks for itself
Let me know what you think!!