This dish is good for single people, but you can easily make it for a whole family, just by doubling, tripling, etc… the ingredients. This one is made with chicken, but y ou could also replace it by another meat or even use some fish, or sometimes change the salad, or add tomatoes or a forgotten vegetables, replace the herbs by cumin, or the Guacamole by sour cream. Like every dish you should try to make it until like it 100%
- 1 chicken filet
- Iceberg salad
- Olive oil
- Guacamole (you buy it or make it yourself, I’ll give you the recipe anyway)
- 2-3 pita/kebab breads
- ½ lemon
- Salt, pepper, paprika powder
You might ask, what the hell do I do with all the left over ingredients? Well Here are some tips… again for single people, as we don’t throw stuff away.
- The pita breads that remain, you can just put in the freezer and heat them in a toaster or oven next time you might need them
- The iceberg salad and other remaining vegetables, you can just use the next day (or two days after) with maybe canned Tuna in olive oil or with salmon, etc… and use the remaining guacamole as sauce… or you can also make a dressing with the remaining lemon (and add some honey and mustard)
- In case you prefer buying a whole chicken instaid of a filet, you just put the pieces in the freezer for the next time you might wane use chicken
- As for the Rosemary, I usually put my fresh herbs in my top freezer drawer, and every time I need it, I just take a bit and put it back (be quick, because once it melts … you cannot put it back in freezer)
- Cut the chicken in small pieces.
- Heat the pan with some olive oil in it. Once oil is hot you put bake the chicken.
- Add some of the rosemary (this is upon taste), add a pinch of salt, pepper and paprika powder.
- Bake chicken cubes until they are golden-brown on all sides.
- Add the juice of ½ lemon and a drizzle of honey (again, this is upon taste, the more honey, the sweeter it gets). Cook it until half of the juice is gone. Turn off the heat.
To fill the bread
- You could add some Guacamole (to make it, just use 1 or 2 soft avocado’s, squeeze them until they are all puree (youcould also use blender), add some fresh mint and coriander, salt, peper, a glove of garlic and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix it and voila)
- Cut up some ice berg salad (or you could also use rucola or any other type of salad that tickles your fantasy)
- I add some cucumber, but you could again replace it by carrots or tomatoes, etc…
You heat the pita breads in the toaster (or oven or pan)
Cut them open and stuff them 🙂 .