This cookie is again very easy to make! Made with my some of my favorite ingredients sugar and butter 😉
If you don’t feel like cooking it yourself, only one solution, buying them at the Delacre boutique in Brussels
For the cookie:
- 65g Butter (room temperature, butter has to be soft)
- 65g sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 75g flour
- Pinch of salt
For the nougatine:
- 300g Sugar
- 50ml water
- 100g pine nuts
TIP! Make sure all the measures are correct as with pastry cooking it just needs to be precise.
Getting started : Nougatine
BE CAREFUL when making the caramel, do not touch with your hands as it will leave some nasty burn marks!!
- Put the 300g sugar and 50ml of water in a cooking pot on the heat just until the caramel gets the desired color (own choice).
- When it has the desired color put the pine nuts and stir.
- Quickly dump the caramel on an oven tray with baking paper on it. Equalize it using a steel spatula
- Let it cool down
Getting started with the cookies:
- Mix the soft butter with the 65g of sugar either using a machine or using a dough scraper until no loose sugar is visible anymore
- Add the egg and mix (it will stay a bit lumpy)
- Add the flour and mix until you get a firm dough
- Put the dough in a piping bag.
- Take a baking tray with baking paper on it and use the piping bag to make nice rounds (see picture below). You can choose the size you prefer, but I prefer making them smaller (this way I can eat more)
- Break you nougatine in small pieces and put a small piece of it in the middle of every cookie.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for about 6-8minutes (until they are blond/brownish)
Let cool down before you eat them.